Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 101

Thread: Holiday Gift Basket

  1. #41
    Inactive Member AG Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2006
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My PM box is empty?? Maybe it is muppetquilter's that is full?

    I am overwhelmed at the HB family's gererosity. I have been fortunate enough to have a little elf who is supplying me with more info as I need it [img]wink.gif[/img] She goes by the name "Mrs D" at least to her students [img]smile.gif[/img] She tells me that E's favorite color is pink, birthday is torward the end of April, mom works extremely hard and goes to school also, home isnt much but is "immaculate" and very well cared for. Mrs D says that E is a very respectful, and caring child who is always helpful. She is a good student who loves to read and has checked out all the AG book at both the school and public libraries several times. She has met her reading goal every quarter. She told me that E could probably use some warm clothing of her own, as she has recently hit a growth spurt. I have her sizes and have been doing some girl sized shopping this week. I am off to look at the AG site in hopes of finding some things that we might have an outfit donated for already so she can "match".

    Her gifts will be delivered Christmas Eve as Annika has told you. We will let mom decide how to give the E. The pastor is taking care of food and a few things for the mom. I know this family is someone who will be in awe of your generosity. Mom is very proud and is doing her very best. She will be overwhelmed that people care this much for her and E. They have not had the best life, and have no family here that anyone knows of. She is trying hard to raise her child, and get a better education so she can provide for them. Please know that these gifts will be more than this child has ever seen before, muchless dreamed of having for herself.

    I cannot say thank you enough for all of your generous donations. I will be glad to answer (orfind the answers)to any and all questions you may have concerning this family, ect. Just let me know. Thanks again to you all!

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 16, 2006 07:24 PM: Message edited by: AG Mommy ]</font>

  2. #42
    Inactive Member pajamarose's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2004
    Posts
    265
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    AG Mommy,

    I am having trouble pm'ing you. I do need the sizes of "E", especially what size she might be in AG clothing if you know. My dd's have outgrown some AG items and am wondering if they would fit.

    Thanks,
    Lea

  3. #43
    Inactive Member AG Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2006
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry pajama rose, I open PM and it is empty? Not sure what to do. If anyone knows please tell me. E is going into a 12-14 which will be a large in AG? Thank you so much for the offer.

  4. #44
    Inactive Member pajamarose's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2004
    Posts
    265
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    AG Mommy,

    I have tried everyway to pm you but to no avail. I went ahead and emailed you.

    Lea [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  5. #45
    Inactive Member AG Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2006
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just got off the phone w/ internet people. Apparently my connection had some kind of blockage. I should be able to send and recieve all PM's emails now. Please try again. Thanks !!

  6. #46
    Inactive Member pajamarose's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2004
    Posts
    265
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    AG Mommy -

    PM'd ya and got through!!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    Lea [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  7. #47
    Inactive Member AG Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2006
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yea!!! Got it. Thanks again!

  8. #48
    Inactive Member muppetquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2006
    Posts
    341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Doesn't AG clothing run big? I know the Bitty clothing for girls runs small, but I thought the general feeling was the dress like your 18" doll stuff runs big... I'm wondering if we'd be better off with mediums? Mari, you know E, so if you say large, then large it is.

    We could get her Molly's PJs for girls (though they're pricey) or Coconut's Ribbed Tee for girls-- both would match doll outfits.

    What about the American Girl Tee and sweats? Or the AG logo shirt? We might be able to get the logo shirt for her and one for her doll.

    There's a going out of business sale I'll check next week. Maybe I can get some nice warm clothing there.

    Thanks everyone! Great ideas and incredible generosity.

  9. #49
    Inactive Member flauta's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2006
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can send the basket from the Pleasant Company travel set with a few accessories if you would like it. Send me a PM with an address if you need it.

  10. #50
    Inactive Member muppetquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2006
    Posts
    341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mari and I have been busy today...

    We now have a girl sized American Girl Jacket (purple and black from the retired Blue Jeans Basics outfit).

    Denim jacket for girls and the blue Coconut tee that matches the retired Coconut outfit.

    And we're working on the Mystery sweats outfit.

    E's teacher says she could use some warm winter clothing and we thought we'd dress her in style!

    Additionally, we have a very generous donation of the purple birthday dress for E and doll, brand new.

    So... we're looking for

    Coconut's Best Friend outfit for dolls
    History Mysteries Sweatsuit for dolls
    Mystery sweat pants and tee for girls (size L)

    Thanks everyone! You have been amazingly generous and supportive and it is absurd to ask for more, we're just wanting to do everything we can for this sweet girl.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •